My weekends

Okay so our past weekends have consisted of going to Newport Rhode Island to have fun. So we thought we would share with you some of our fun times.....Are you ready?
So while out touring the place we thought first we would hit the lanes for some bowling and pizza. We had a blast. This place was fun and the kids are really good at bowling. Sissy got a score of 101 when she was all done.... go sissy. Even Bubba was good at this bowling thing. Look he is throwing that ball with out a stand. He got a 98 while bowling. Very good...


So right after all this we went to look at a few mansions. In Newport RI they are know for these mansions. About 100 years ago people would come to these mansion during the summer. They are there summer homes.....Hum wonder what the really homes look like??? This mansion below is called, "The Green Animals." During the summer the yard, shrubs and trees are all shaped like animals. Hence the name. So go google these...http://www.newportmansions.org/ They are really something. Only you can't take pictures of the insides. On the website they have a few pics for you...Have fun


So My kids love to be goofs all the time.... They are the goof troop for sure.
This is, "The Kingscote" it was designed in 1839 for George Noble Jones, he had the house and sold it in 1864 to China Trade merchant William Henry King. Hence the name...

The big daddy of a home was built in 1898 and finished in 1901. This is called, "The Elms." This home cost $1.4 million when the built it. So you could imagine what it is now. The inside of this house is just breath taking.

After a weekend of touring and messing around in Newport we had to head home... Only this time we woke up to 5 inches of snow. Then we went to church and came out to more than 6 inches. So the drive home started out like this. The roads were terrible. I mean gross. Right after I left I just thought man I should go back and stay another night. Only it was still snowing and the next storm was coming in that night. With that being said I had to get off the island before it got worse. Otherwise I could have stayed 2 more days and missed 2 days of work....
Now I know you must be asking your self why? Why keep driving or how did you do that?
I don't know I just did it at about 25 miles an hour. See it got better the closer I got to CT
Also after about 45 min. Of crappy road I was the only one left see.... so It was not that bad. i just had to stay where the snow was not. Only that would be a sheet of ice left to drive on.
Okay finally got to the major highway.... see it is a lot better.
Okay so maybe I found all the drivers.....The 95 was closed for 45 minutes due to a damn crash. People were even getting out of their cars to get the ice and stuff off the cars. Look how nasty all the cars look...Everything in CT looks like this during this time of the year. However the roads were clear. My question is why did they crash on clear roads when I was driving earlier the roads were 10 times worse and no crashes..... go figure.
So I hope you all had fun on our trip. Maybe next time I will post more pics and maybe just maybe my mom will be here.

Peace ya'll.........






0 Responses